Tank Cleaning Equipment
Hydraulic Sludge Dozer
The hydraulic sludge dozer is recognised world wide as having a major contribution to tank cleaning safety. An essential tool for the desludging of black oil storage tanks. E.g. crude, cat feed, deballast, heavy fuel oil etc.
- Intrinsically safe
- Highly Mobile
- Versatile operation
- Wll pass through an 18” manway
- Easily dismantled and reassembled
- Can be converted to remote operation
- Increased efficiency reduces the desludging phase of the tank cleaning programme.
- A reduction in the number of personnel required inside the tank contributes to the safety of the tank clean.
- The dozer can push large volumes of sludge to a sump, pump suction hose or to a sunken skip sited outside the tank through the ‘D’ door.
- The dozer tracks help macerate the un-pumpable sludge into a pumpable condition
- The dozer is intrinsically safe, remotely powered by a diesel driven powerpack . Rubber tracks and a wooden blade with a rubber squeegee ensure no metal to metal contact
- The dozer will pass through a 450mm manway and can be dismantled and reassembled in less than 15 minutes
- The dozer’s manoeuvrability allows it to work in confined spaces. Each track is individually powered enabling the dozer to turn 360º in its own length, this is particularly useful when manoeuvring between steam coils, roof support legs etc
- The dozer can also perform many secondary tasks including transporting roof drain sections, coils, pumps, high pressure jetting rigs etc
- The dozer can be remotely operated for desludging lagoons, interceptors and out fall pits
Hydraulic Power Pack
The Hydraulic power pack supplies the motive force for the sludge dozer and the hydraulic pump. Designed to operate in Zone 1 areas the power pack incorporates many safety features as detailed to include:
- Chalwyn Valve engine r.p.m inhibitor fitted
- Spark arrestor / silencer mounted vertically with rain flap on the outlet port
- Excess coolant temperature - Automatic engine shut down
- Low oil pressure - Automatic engine shut down
- Diode on alternator sensing surge in voltage, in linr fuse - Automtic engine shut down
- Manual battery isolator switch
Power Pack comes complete with:
- Fuel Tank
- Hydraulic double pump
- Hydraulic oil tank
- Temperature gauges
- Pressure gauges
- Hydraulic oil filter system
- Weather proof control box
- Quick release hydraulic couplings
- Chalwyn Valve
- Spark arrestor
- Skid mounted with lifting eyes
Tank Farm Services Ltd. can offer a Mobile Power House, fully self contained and able to deliver 4536 kg/hr (10,000 lbs/he) of steam at 10 bar pressure, at any location, no matter how remote. The Power House comes complete with 135 kva generator set, 9cfm air compressor, water and fuel tanks, blowdown tank, water level controls, water softener and chemical treatment facility.
The Mobile Power House can be supplied as a contracted service complete with a trained boiler operative, for specific situation, or is available for purchase as a static or mobile unit.